Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Uh-oh, Bad Title Alert...

I thought it was a breathtaking stroke of genius calling my blog "These boots are made for walkin'" (especially in purple font) ,but I have since discovered about 3,786 other blogs similarly titled. Who was it sang that song? She's got a lot to answer for, that's all I can say. Anyway, I now blaze forward under a new banner.
Impressed to see that Alba (see previous post) has the courage to meet the considerable challenges of the hallway, where unseen dangers may be found at every turn, and mortal wounds sustained: her derring-do far exceeds that of Vicki and myself, who prefer the tranquillity of the bush.

2 comments:

Alba said...

It was Nancy Sinatra and Lee Hazelwood - one of my Mum's favourites and one of the first songs I remember being aware of (apart from Puff the Magic Dragon which I had played on BFPS radio for my 5th birthday). Mum had the LP - as does my (considerably older) husband.

Vicki said...

Don't forget to visit Minna Ha Ha Falls at the end of seventh avenue for a tranquil bushwalk - its like a bushwalk when you don't feel like doing a bushwalk.....